The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we handle your personal data, how we store it, and our commitment to keeping it safe. It explains what your rights are, and how you can access the data we hold about you.
We anticipate that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. This page will remain here for you to come back and check whenever you’d like to, but rest assured that we’ll get in touch with you about any significant changes.
2. What is Sidekicks?
Sidekicks is a trading name of The Partnership SK Limited, a Limited Company registered in England and Wales, with the company registration number 11032134.
Our registered office is Ebenezer House Rooks Street, Cottenham, Cambridge, United Kingdom, CB24 8QZ and we conduct our trading business from 38 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1EL.
3. What’s our legal basis for handling your data?
In most situations, we need access to your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your information to contact you about job opportunities which we believe you may be interested in us putting you forward for. We might also use your contact
details in order for us to keep you up to date with hiring trends in your market, or to tell you about candidate profiles we think might interest you.
In certain circumstances, we will need to process your personal data in order to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you apply to register with us as a candidate, we’ll need to collect your reference details in order to verify your work history and fulfil our contractual obligations to our clients.
In particular situations, we’ll ask for your consent to collect and process your data.
4. When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data:
- When you apply for any job we are advertising, either on our own website or on any jobs boards we advertise on (including, but not limited to, Reed and Secs in the City).
- When you have demonstrated your interest in a new job, and thus in our services, by posting your CV to a jobs board (including, but not limited to, Reed and Secs in the City).
- When you register with us as a candidate, prospective Sidekicks employee, client or supplier.
- When you ask us to act on your behalf, either to find you work or find you or your company employees.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints or comments.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you – for example, your employment referees.
5. What sort of data do we collect about you?
- If you are a candidate, we hold the data that you provide us when you register with Sidekicks seeing employment. This includes your CV, name, date of birth, home address, employment history, email and telephone number.
- If you are temping through Sidekicks, this will also include your PAYE information, such as your bank details, National Insurance Number and tax code.
- We also hold copies of documents you provide to prove your identity and employment history for legal reasons, including your passport or documentation showing your right to work in the UK. This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and usually an image of you. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
- If you are an employer, we hold the data that you provide us when you engage us to provide you with candidates. This includes your company name, contact details, registration number, and details of any credit check we perform on you before we agree to provide you with services. Further details of the way we use and protect this data can be found in our Partnership Agreement.
- We also collect details of your interactions with us, in order for us to ensure that we are able to look after your needs efficiently. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, and details of any comments or feedback you make to us.
6. How do we use your data, and why?
We use your data:
- To enable us to perform the role you’ve asked us to: whether that’s to help find you a job, or to identify suitable candidates for you or your company. If we don’t collect your data when you engage our services, we won’t be able to fulfil our remit, and comply with our legal obligations. For example, if you are temping through Sidekicks, we’ll need to hold and use your bank details in order for us to be able to pay you.
- To respond to your queries and questions. Holding your data allows us to respond and continue to engage with you. We usually also keep a record of your interactions with us, to inform any future communication, and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best possible service.
- To protect our business and our employers’ businesses, and to comply with our legal obligations. This includes using your personal data to maintain and update your record with us. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest and to fulfil our legal obligations.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, updates to our Partnership Agreement, or Payroll related documentation, such as your Payslip, P45 or P60.
- If you actively choose to opt into our newsletter, we will use your personal data to keep you informed by email about news, promotions, events, and competitions. You are free to opt out of these communications at any time.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
7. Protecting your data
Protecting your data is of the utmost importance to us. We commit to treating your personal information with great care, and taking all possible steps to protect it.
The CRM system that your data is held on is password protected, and heavily encrypted.
Each member of the Sidekicks team has received one to one Data Training to help them take steps to keep your data safe. These steps include policies such as not allowing computers to auto-save and input passwords, clearing desktops and maintaining a paperless office.
We maintain a Risk Register to ensure that we are fully aware of any possible weaknesses in our system, and to enable us to ensure our procedures as as robust as possible.
8. How long will we keep your data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely. Retention periods vary depending on the ways in which you have chosen to interact with us.
For example, if you’re a candidate, we’ll keep your personal data (including your CV) for up to three years after you’ve registered with us, so we can provide you with the best possible service, and comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
For full details of our retention policies, please contact our Data Controller, Ellie Hollier, at email@example.com.
9. Who do we share your data with?
- We will share your data with individuals or companies who require it in order to allow us to perform the job you’ve engaged us to do. For example, if you are a Candidate we could share your data with an employer’s HR representative for the purposes of finding you work.
- In the future, we may expand, reduce or sell the Partnership and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- For further information please contact our Data Controller, Ellie Hollier, at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Where is my data held?
The vast majority of the data we hold is kept within the European Economic Area (EEA), including the location of our servers, and those of our suppliers.
Very occasionally, we may have cause to send your data outside the EEA – for example, if you are a candidate and we send your information to an employer in the United States of America – but this will only ever be done with your knowledge and consent.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with our employers stipulate the standards they must follow at all times.
11. What are my rights?
You have the right to control your own data. This means that you have the right to ask us to:
- Show you the personal data we hold about you
- Make corrections to the data we hold about you when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Stop holding your data by withdrawing your consent for us to use it.
- Stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
If you would like to request a copy of the data that we hold about you, please write to:
Data Protection, Sidekicks, 38 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1EL
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. We will then do so immediately.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
We hope that our Privacy Notice has been helpful, and has answered some of your questions regarding how we use, store and protect your data.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask us, please contact our Data Controller, Ellie Hollier:
- By email at email@example.com
- Or by post, at Sidekicks, 38 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1EL