If you would describe yourself as someone who loves all things admin and working in a team, this role will play to your strengths. Our ideal candidate is someone who is looking for career development and wants to have a real impact on the firm’s growth. This role can be part time or full time.
The ideal candidate will think of everything ahead of time and work independently. You can operate with minimal supervision but are not afraid to ask questions and you like optimising workflow and improving processes and procedures. You like communicating. You enjoy working on multiple tasks and being relied on to prioritise these to meet deadlines. You are flexible with a “can do” attitude. Working knowledge of Xero and excellent English writing skills are a bonus.
- Filing and maintaining an accurate documentation library and database
- Create, review and recommend changes to our company policies/procedures
- Being the person everyone goes to for all queries; over the phone, email and in person. This includes the team, service providers, clients and investors so your warm and friendly manner will be a cornerstone of the firm’s reputation.
- Meeting management. Support with arranging client meetings, managing logistics such as getting the information to everyone, booking rooms, AV and conference catering, arranging printing, etc.
- Make international travel arrangements
- Manage the relationship with suppliers including evaluating performance and selection
- Office supply management
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and improve workflows
- Process purchase orders, invoices and expense claims, set up and track payments
- Process cash movements and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Liaise with external parties: accounting company and auditor and monitor their performance
- Bookkeeping and maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Support finance and business planning. Maintenance and tracking of the budget
- Liaise with the accountants and auditors to ensure that annual accounts are prepared efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with compliance and lawyers, fund custodian, FCA, Gabriel, Connect Reporting
- Organise recruitment and induction of new staff
- Review and approve payroll prepared by the service provider
- Coordinate support services and ad hoc projects when necessary with the external IT support provider
- Proven work experience as a Senior Administrative Assistant, or similar role, within the finance industry would be an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience in exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Solid experience with office management systems, ERPs and MS Office and Excel
- Proficiency in Xero would be an advantage
- Experience using office equipment, including printers and scanners
- High school / University degree; additional qualifications in bookkeeping or accountancy are advantageous
- Strong command of the English language